Section 1: Introduction to WebRTC
This section will give an introduction to WebRTC, defining what WebRTC is and what it is not. This section will also explain how WebRTC is different from existing technologies such as Flash or plugin-based solutions and give examples of things that can be done with WebRTC. The last topic we will cover will be the setting up of the programming environment that we will use throughout the course.
- The Course Overview
- What’s WebRTC?
- WebRTC Versus Existing Technologies
- Getting Your Programming Environment Ready
Section 2: The WebRTC API
This section will introduce the API exposed by the browser. We are going to deal with programming any WebRTC-based application. In the code, we will show examples of the use of different APIs.
- The WebRTC Browser API
- Using the getUserMedia API
- Using the PeerConnection Method
- Using the Session Description Protocol
Section 3: Signaling
- Understanding the Need for a Signaling Protocol
- Knowing the Various Signaling Approaches
- Need of Signaling Protocol
- Programming a Very Simple Node.js Signaling Server
Section 4: Putting It All Together — Your First Application
In this section, all the elements coded in the previous versions will be glued together to create a functional WebRTC application.
- Initiating a WebRTC Session
- Receiving a WebRTC Session
- Establishing Our First Session
Section 5: Debugging and Improving Our Application
- Introducing the Debugging Tools
- The Developer Tools
- Using WebRTC Internals